Fellow dawg fans Saturday night hurt bad, Inspector G and I set in the dome in amazement. We went from calling plays before they happened, high five-ing people we dont know, to playing referee. You know what it means when you’re playing referee? Lets just say I hadn’t played it since week one and two and was just fine with it. What hurts the most is that while I am on the energy bus trying to find the good in all this, I have to read how my favorite of all favorites, Mr. Chris Low himself, call out UGA fans.
Unreasonable Georgia fans: Before the SEC championship game was even over last Saturday, some so-called Georgia fans started venting about how Mark Richt simply wasn’t the guy to take the Bulldogs to that next level. The last time I checked, Georgia has a chance to win 11 games, won 10 in a row this season and will be a top 15 team to start next season. I’d say Richt has earned a chance to stick around for a while. (Emphasis NOT added)
I really don’t know who these people are and can only hope that these are people with experience coaching college football at least the amount of years as Coach Richt and are more successful than he has been. And I am sure that these are the same people who were booing Crowell when he limped off the field clearly gutting it out for his team. Chris Burnette is 313 lbs, think of a way you can slam that weight on your ankle and be 100% in two weeks and let me know. If your argument to rid Richt is the “how many National Championships has he won?” debate, just stop. Now more than ever we have experienced how much the BCS is a joke. Last team to win SEC and not go to the National Championship? UGA 2005. SO PLEASE DONT BLAME RICHT. Now I know I am not the one who is always calm and level headed at all times, but at this time of the year we need to be encouraged and excited about what’s ahead and with that I give you some things to think about after a tough loss:
- UGA has legitimate All-Americans and the SEC FOY.
- Respect Grantham’s recruiting and there is still some talent in the hunt. Just go down the list and look at size and weight for the defensive prospects. People say John Atkins and the two Jenkins County High School boys are freakish athletes.
- This guy announces tomorrow, and Coach Richt was at his house on Sunday: watch?v=6u7ElD8oJ5I
- Back to players who have already enrolled, anybody notice that UGA has two 5 stars recruits that barely played, if at all? Ray Drew has played sparingly and showed some huge upside. Jay Rome redshirted and is one of the best recruits from last year, he jast happens to play the position UGA has the most depth at.
- Joe T3, I have been very impressed with the lack of injuries and endurance of the team, especially the offensive line. It seems like all the injuries have been bone breaks, and unpreventable sprains, it is remarkable how the O-line has held up all year long and in the 4th quarter and I could never tell a drop-off.
- Big surprises: Chris Conley, Malcolm Mitchell, Armarlo Herrara, Michael Bennett, Garrison Smith, Dallas Lee
- Unsung Heroes: Blake Sailors, Bruce Figgins-first year as FB and did well, Mike Gilliard, Alexander Ogletree, Sanders Commings- Boykin and Smith get the attention, but this kid is good.
- And I saved one line item for Ken Malcolme, kid played really well against Tech and made one heckuva cut to get nice yardage against LSU. I am all for him starting against Michigan State. He runs hard, plays hard and I think once you give him a few reps to get settled in, he will shine.
- Next years schedule. It doesn’t have where Missouri plays into this, but if I am making that schedule I sub Bama for Missouri. Because
they will be stackedneed to play A&M as well.
- Players and coaches agree, no more combat uniforms. Please God, never again.
It’s Wednesday and while you’re
working hard wishing it was October 29, 2011, lets be honest any work that isn’t done already won’t get done until monday. I hope this tickles your fancy for the day while we all rationalize why Grantham didn’t rip that fucktard in Nashville a new one. Wait, he already did. James Franklin reminds me of that kid in class who would never give you that one answer for your homework and then got mad when no one picked him up for their team in P.E. (Ok, so I needed all the answers for homework, but you get it) Any who, I’ll be posting tweets that just made me feel warm, like your first Christmas sweater.
THE SLOW YA ROLE TWEET UH DA WEAK
So while you recover from what was surely just an amazing experience from the above content, let me take the time to say I think we have something special in Athens. This week’s bye week comes at a perfect time for such a young team, guys are banged up and now the “Dream Team” has experienced half of a season in the SEC. I know I know, with the exception of Sakerlina we didn’t exactly play the strongest SEC teams. But it isn’t like having the strongest schedule is necessarily a good thing, ask Florida. Looking back I am glad what happened in Nashville happened, Grantham and Co. are going to coach the guys up on defense. And you know after Grantham stood up for them, the defense is going to come out hotter than two rats fucking in a tube sock. Those guys have been playing out of their minds all year and with Alec Ogletree and Cornelius Washington back it is going to be interesting to see what Florida can do with injuries that have resulted in a one dimensional offense. And Bobo…. Well I don’t know what the fuck he is doing, but I hadn’t walked a day in the guys shoes and if Richt still has confidence in him then I am in like Flint. Florida’s defense is young upfront so I will be interested to see if they do some silent counts trying to draw guys offsides that is, of course, if the O-line shows discipline. (i.e. 3 and 57, Justin Anderson) Malcolm Mitchell getting healthy on the offensive side of the ball gives a legit deep threat again and arguably the best hands on the team. Crowell getting healthy, whether they admit he is banged up or not, is priceless. Yeah just like those credit card commercials. He is do for another big game after a few productive but not Crowell-like performances and all I can think about is Moreno going off in ’07 against Florida. The emergence of Marlon Brown couldn’t have come soon enough, it feels like he has been here forever and all you here is how good he is at practice. Practice? Oh yea thats where Shaq made free throws…
I love the guts of this kid. I really do. He seems not only to have sticky fingers, but looks to be a tad faster than Durham. Kids like this make me excited about the rest of this season, especially Saturday.
Little hope fairies just runnin a muck in my heart.